As part of the biological production team, the lab technician will work closely with lab and processing staff in the creation of mushroom-based organic products in a lab environment.
This is a unique opportunity to join a growing team and learning all aspects of production of mushroom products for the wellness industry.
What you will be doing
- Execute production and clean room tasks including preparation and sterilization of media, inoculation with pure cultures, and post-processing of materials
- Prepare for production by reviewing production schedule and work orders, assembling and weighing materials and supplies
- Assist in documenting production by completing forms, logs, and records of processing steps
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by following company’s operating procedures.
- May operate and maintain instruments and light machinery
To be successful, you will need
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in biology, microbiology or food science
- Proven ability to learn and apply routine processes
- Able to communicate effectively in small groups
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to manage time and maintain focus
Nice to have skills & background
- Applied knowledge of aseptic technique and sterilization
- Prior experience in biological production and/or the gourmet mushroom industry
- Interest in mushroom cultivation and applications
- Excited about the Sempera Organics company mission.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
If you are interested in applying for this role, send us your detailed resume and a cover letter to email@example.com with the Subject title: Lab Technician job opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you.